
Aghh...help, I need more direction?! Could there be a bigger topic than blog about technology? I seriously have no idea what to say so here are a few random things that have popped into my head while staring at my screen for the last few minutes. These are all ways that technology has changed the way I live my life and do my job.
1) I no longer use the few dusty cookbooks in my pantry anymore - I use allrecipes.com to come up with new meal ideas. Don't be deceived though - I don't really cook very often!
2) I no longer use the print phone book. If I need to know where the closest UPS Store is, I go to their website. If I need to know the names of landscapers in my area of town, I'll use an online phone book like Dex.
3) I can't tell you the last time I bought a new CD...I just download from the iTunes Music Store these days.
4) I drive an hour to work each way, so I have lots of time to listed to audiobooks. See, technology has even changed the way I read! PS - Once I get my Learning 2.0 prize, I'll have an even greater selection of books to choose from thanks to the Phoenix Digital Library!
5) Online games are a great way to waste time (at home, of course). I personally love to play Jewel Quest II and Mahjong, which are both available from iWin.com.
Well, I can't really think of anything else. This is probably the lamest blog post ever...sorry!
6) Oh, I thought of another thing! Speaking of blog posts, technology in the form of a blog helps me to do my job. I try to check in on The Goddess of YA Literature blog at least once a week. It really helps me to stay up on what is coming soon in YA literature. If you have the chance, check her blog sometime. Another good YA literature blog, Book Obsession, is hosted by our neighbors at the Glendale Public Library. I would LOVE to have a book blog like this here at SPL. Wouldn't it be cool if staff shared their latest reads with the public and other staff? I guess for now the "Review It" feature is as close as we can get.
7) I love the "Review It" feature, BTW (I'm on a roll now, baby)! I've started trying to rate and review every book I finish as I add it to my LibraryThing account.
8) Yikes, how could I have forgotten LibraryThing? I used to keep a Word file that served as my reading history. Now I just log in to my LibraryThing account and add the title of the book I just finished. I can add tags, write reviews, rate books, and network with other folks who have read something I have. LibraryThing is really a fabulous tool!! Which reminds me, I need to add the latest Gossip Girl to my account :)
1) I no longer use the few dusty cookbooks in my pantry anymore - I use allrecipes.com to come up with new meal ideas. Don't be deceived though - I don't really cook very often!
2) I no longer use the print phone book. If I need to know where the closest UPS Store is, I go to their website. If I need to know the names of landscapers in my area of town, I'll use an online phone book like Dex.
3) I can't tell you the last time I bought a new CD...I just download from the iTunes Music Store these days.
4) I drive an hour to work each way, so I have lots of time to listed to audiobooks. See, technology has even changed the way I read! PS - Once I get my Learning 2.0 prize, I'll have an even greater selection of books to choose from thanks to the Phoenix Digital Library!
5) Online games are a great way to waste time (at home, of course). I personally love to play Jewel Quest II and Mahjong, which are both available from iWin.com.
Well, I can't really think of anything else. This is probably the lamest blog post ever...sorry!
6) Oh, I thought of another thing! Speaking of blog posts, technology in the form of a blog helps me to do my job. I try to check in on The Goddess of YA Literature blog at least once a week. It really helps me to stay up on what is coming soon in YA literature. If you have the chance, check her blog sometime. Another good YA literature blog, Book Obsession, is hosted by our neighbors at the Glendale Public Library. I would LOVE to have a book blog like this here at SPL. Wouldn't it be cool if staff shared their latest reads with the public and other staff? I guess for now the "Review It" feature is as close as we can get.
7) I love the "Review It" feature, BTW (I'm on a roll now, baby)! I've started trying to rate and review every book I finish as I add it to my LibraryThing account.
8) Yikes, how could I have forgotten LibraryThing? I used to keep a Word file that served as my reading history. Now I just log in to my LibraryThing account and add the title of the book I just finished. I can add tags, write reviews, rate books, and network with other folks who have read something I have. LibraryThing is really a fabulous tool!! Which reminds me, I need to add the latest Gossip Girl to my account :)
No comments:
Post a Comment