
Warholized Sampson
Originally uploaded by epj
I was at first a bit frustrated with the mashups that I was trying to play with in this exercise....I encountered many dead links and web pages blocked by the city's filtering software. First I tried out Dumpr.net, which allows you to make a Rubik's cube or jigsaw puzzle from a Flickr photo. For some reason I couldn't get this tool to access my Flickr account so I just went on to try something else. Next I tried Flickr Font, which uses Flickr photos of letters, numbers, and punctuation to create a unique font that can be applied to any text. Apparently if you paste the code into your web page, every time the page loads the font elements will unique, utilizing different Flickr photos each time. Unfortunately, I got too impatient to wait for this application to load....I'll have to try that one again sometime. I was next blocked from FlickrFly, which is supposed to take you from any geotagged photo on Flickr to that location in Google Earth. How cool would it be to take a picture of the Arabian Library, geotag it, and then use Flickr Fly to see the Google Earth image of the library! Speaking of Google Earth, I wonder how often it is updated...if you looked would the new building be there? Another test for another less busy day I suppose...
Anyway, I finally found mashup success when I tried the link in the Learning 2.0 exercise for fd's Flickr Toys. I thought I would create a Trading Card but as soon as I saw the Warholize feature I knew what I had to do....immortalize our bulldog Sampson! I am positive I will return to explore more of the toys on the fd's Flickr Toys site. Once I upload more photos to my Flickr account, I'll have more to play with and a better shot at making my Librarian Trading Card!
No comments:
Post a Comment