Wednesday, February 20, 2008

#5 Discover flickr


city light #1
Originally uploaded by Chris Lombardi

I had experimented with flickr in the past and had even gone as far as setting up a Set of photos from my honeymoon. I have also used flickr with my family to see pictures of my nephew, Cy. Despite my previous expereince with flickr, however, this exercise was still interesting. I guess i never took the time to really explore flickr before so I definitely learned some new things this time around. For example, I thought the map feature was really cool. Exploring flickr by map allowed me to find this picture of downtown Missoula, MT. I graduated from the University of Montana and have missed the beauty and charm of Missoula since the day I moved away! This picture instantly brought me back to my college days when I worked at Bagels on Broadway. I would ride my bike across this very bridge in the early morning to open the store. Since it is Montana my ride was very often snowy and dark like this picture.

So, not only has this exercise taught me more about how to use flickr and inspired me to update my own personal photos on my account, but I also got a trip down memory lane too!

No comments: