Wednesday, January 23, 2008

#3 Create a Blog

Hi! This is my first post in my new blog, created as part of the SPLS Learning 2.0 training. Although this is my first post here, I actually created a blog as part of an Information Technologies course that I took while completing my MLS. I really liked having a blog then and half thought I would set up a personal blog at then end of the course....but alas this never happened. I guess I struggled with what I would write and who would be interested in reading it. Not the best attitude I suppose, but at least its honest.

In fact, I read an article in a library publication several months ago that interviewed lots of prominent bloggers in the library and information science field. Many of them admitted that they struggled with similar insecurities about who would read their blog, was their content relevant, was their content really contributing to the profession, etc. So, after all of that, I guess I'm not alone and I'm ready to take another shot at blogging for at least the duration of this training.

No comments: